30 May 2013

Fluffy Friends - Beckham, Brady, Camden & Dana Cubbage Photography

We are delighted to introduce you to Dana Cubbage a wonderful pet and wedding photographer and her three beautiful dogs Beckham, Brady & Camden. Dana's photography is natural, relaxed and utterly wonderful! Dana tells us about how she started her career and of course about her beautiful dogs...

"For as long as I can remember, I've loved photography.  I used to shoot my parents' 35mm Minolta film camera when I was young and I was always the kid with a camera on school trips.  I still have boxes of albums + prints from my childhood that I can't bear to throw away.  Those are special to me.  Those are my memories.  I got serious about photography in 2010 when I bought my first DSLR camera.  I taught myself to shoot manually from the start and everything I've learned has come from reading books, blogs, and attending workshops."


"In early 2011, I decided to launch my pet photography business – Dana Cubbage Photography.  It's been amazing, meeting so many wonderful clients + their beloved pets.  I spent a lot of time volunteering for my local high-kill animal shelter (BARCS in Baltimore City) in 2011 and through that, I met a fellow volunteer who is a wedding photographer.  I asked her if I could tag along to a wedding and she said yes.  I shot my first wedding with her in the fall of 2011 and fell in love."

. Beckham .

"In January 2012, we moved from Baltimore to Charleston, SC and I continued to work full-time while also running my pet photography business + second shooting weddings for various wedding photographers here in Charleston.  I was working non-stop and thought to myself, why don't I shoot weddings for myself?  I put the wheels in motion to start my wedding photography business in May 2012, with a launch date of August 1 in mind.  On July 31, I was laid off from my full-time job so I took it as a sign that I was meant to be a wedding photographer.  I launched Dana Cubbage Wedding Photography on August 1, 2012 and I've been a full-time pet + wedding photographer ever since!"

. Brady .

"I have three dogs – the Bubbas – and they are the inspiration for my pet photography work.  Early on, when I first got my DSLR and was teaching myself to shoot, they were my very patient models.  We got Camden in 2006 as a puppy so he's technically our first born :)  He is the most patient, kind-hearted dog I've ever met – and everyone who meets him says the same.  He is truly one of a kind.  My heart dog.  I absolutely adore him."

"We rescued Brady from GoldHeart Golden Retriever Rescue in 2008 when he was 3 years old.  He has pretty severe epilepsy and requires daily medication, but he is so sweet.  He loves to be around people.  Other dogs?  Not as much.  But he is so funny + always making us laugh."

"Beckham is the newest addition to our family.  We were fostering him for a local animal shelter here in Charleston and we fell in love.  We've had him since he was 6 weeks old.  He is a wild man with seemingly endless energy but he his one of the smartest dogs I've ever met too!  I love all 3 of my Bubbas.  They each have such different + fun personalities.  They definitely inspire my pet photography work and I often use them for location scouting purposes since they really get excited when I get the camera out :)"

. Brady .

"I've had the honor of photographing for Lowcountry Dog Magazine, where I am now a staff photographer.  I've done some commercial work as well.  Pet photography is a growing niche and I feel blessed to have such a following.  I love helping other photographers and often get emails asking for advice or tips.  I started a "For Photographers" category on my blog, where I try to write content that will help other emerging pet photographers grow their business + help our industry."

. Camden .

"Pet photography is so important.  I take great pride in preserving the memories of my clients' pets.  To some, their pets are their children and I think they deserve the limelight!  My pet photography is fun, fresh + vibrant.  I really strive to capture beautiful colors, textures, backgrounds, and sunlight in all of my images.  I use all natural light and my sessions are done on-location, usually somewhere meaningful or convenient for my clients."

"I have always had a unique bond with animals, so that's what makes me different from other photographers.  I know how to work with the pets to get the best expressions from them and I make it fun so that the pets are stressed out.  Several times, I've had clients tell me that I probably won't be able to get any good shots of their pet or that their pets will hide from me and nine times out of ten, I prove them wrong."

. Camden .

"I am a member of HeARTs Speak and volunteer my time to local animal shelters + rescues whenever I can. I am also a wedding photographer based in Charleston, SC and I absolutely LOVE it when my wedding clients choose to include their pet in their wedding or engagement session.  To me, that's the best of both worlds!!"

. Images by Dana Cubbage Photography .

With Thanks to Beckham, Brady, Camden & Dana Cubbage Photography
for sharing their story and photos with us today!

See more features on Itty Bitty & Fluffy starring Dana Cubbage Photography { here 


For more information about Dana and to see more of her fantastic portfolio
of photographic, work 
head on over to her beautiful blogs...

Dana's Pet Photography > www.danacubbagephotography.com/blog
Dana's Wedding Photography > www.danacubbageweddings.com/blog/

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...